- Where personal information (such as your name, address, Identity Number and so forth) is submitted to or via the
Pfirestorm website by the user, for example through sending an e-mail or filling in required fields, the
following principles are observed in the handling of that information:
- The Pfirestorm website collects, processes and stores only such personal information regarding users as is
necessary to provide the services offered. The specific purpose for which information is collected is
apparent from the context in which it is requested.
- The Pfirestorm website will not use the personal information submitted for any other purpose other than the
efficient provision of services, including this website and services offered through it by third parties,
without obtaining the prior written approval of the user or unless required to do so by law.
- The Pfirestorm website will keep records of all personal information collected, and the specific purpose for
which it was collected, for a period of one year from the date on which it was last used.
- The Pfirestorm website will not disclose any personal information regarding a user to any third party,
unless the prior written agreement of the user is obtained or the website is required or permitted to do so
- If information is released with the user's consent, the Pfirestorm website will retain a record of the
information released, the third party to which it was released, the reason for the release and the date of
release, for a period of one year.
- The Pfirestorm website will destroy or delete any personal information under its control which has become
- Information collected about users through their use of this website is the property of the website owner.
- The website owner will retain all ownership of and copyright in any database of users' personal information.
- No credit card information is retained or stored by the website owner.
- Note that, as permitted by the ECT Act, this website may use personal information collected to compile profiles
for statistical purposes and trade in these profiles. No information contained in the profiles or statistics
will be able to be linked to any specific user.
- In order to provide the best possible and most relevant service, the Pfirestorm website may use standard
technology to collect information about the use of this site. This technology is not able to identify individual
users, but simply allows this website to collect statistics.
- The Pfirestorm website utilises cookies. A cookie is a small file that is placed on the user's hard drive in
order to keep a record of a user's interaction with the website.
- Cookies from this website allow the website owner to tailor advertising and other services to your displayed
- Cookies by themselves cannot be used to personally identify users, but will be used to compile anonymised
statistics relating to the use of services offered, or to provide us with feedback on the performance of
- If a user does not wish cookies to be employed to customise his or her interaction with this website, it is
possible to alter the manner in which their browser handles cookies. Please note that, if this is done, certain
services on the Pfirestorm website may not be available.
- Where a user believes that personal data concerning them held by the website owner is outdated or incorrect,
they may request that such personal data be corrected - please use our contact page. Any request for such a
correction must specify both the incorrect data and the proposed correction, and must give full reasons for the
- Users can request access to any relevant personal data held by the website owner, as laid out in the Promotion
of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 ("PROATIA") and where such access is necessary for them to
exercise and/or protect any of their rights.
- We have no control over and accept no responsibility for the privacy practices of any third party sites to which
visit before using it further.
- While reasonable measures are taken to ensure the security and integrity of information submitted to this site,
this website cannot, under any circumstances, be held liable for any loss or other damage sustained by a user or
users as a result of the intentional or accidental release of information by an employee of the website owner or
any third party.
- Users and/or subscribers are prohibited from releasing their username and/or password to any other person.
- We regard the safety and privacy of children using this website extremely seriously, but it remains the ultimate
responsibility of the parents and other care-givers of children to ensure that they are not exposed to
inappropriate content or behaviour.